The South Carolina Textile Council is division of the South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance with a mission to enhance the textile manufacturing sector's position within the state.
Council members routine work with the NCTO on federal textile issues, but are also proactively involved in networking opportunities that share best practices, and advocacy effortson important state issues/legislation.Structure:
Membership is with the SCMA. Textile related member companies will be deemed Textile Council members and may participate in all SCMA programs, events and activities.
Benefits of Membership:
- Interact with other South Carolina textile manufacturers
- Benchmark and share best practices with like-minded professionals
- Membership meetings, special programs and events
- Receive information on issues impacting the textile sector
- Legislative advocacy focused exclusively on textile interests
- Work with and hear updates from National Council of Trade Organizations
- Access to online Membership Directory
- During Session receive electronic weekly legislative updates from SCMA
- Sponsorship opportunities for additional exposure
- Staff support
- Full membership status and benefits with the SCMA
- The South Carolina Textile Council has a chairman and Board of textile executives. The chairman also serves on the SCMA Executive Committee and Board.
- Aggressively grow membership
- Add information or link on SCMA web page
- Hold meaningful meetings twice a year to hear updates and network
- Continue to hold and grow the Textile Summit
- Raise awareness about the Council and get more members active
- Offer more programs to update and train members
- Work more closely with National Council of Trade Organizations
Persons interested in joining the Textile Council should contact Gloria Freeman at (803)799-9695 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.