COLLABORATION. INNOVATION. PROGRESS.
The South Carolina Automotive Council (SCAC) is a division of the South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance that is the state's leading organization dedicated to advancing the state's automotive manufacturing sector in a global marketplace.
The SCAC provides resources and addresses the needs of automotive manufacturers by working collaboratively, collectively, and serving as a conduit among automotive manufacturers and regional allies. Partners of the Council include CU-ICAR and multiple regional economic development offices throughout the South Carolina.
S.C. Automotive Council member-companies have full membership privileges with the SCMA including access to statewide conferences, informative programs, training seminars, and networking events.
Focus areas for the SCAC include the following:
- Advance research & development and promote innovation in partnership with academia
- Promote manufacturing excellence and sustainability practices
- Encourage cooperation and best-practice sharing among the automotive manufacturing sector
- Increase awareness of programs and resources available to the automotive sector
- Provide strategic direction for workforce development initiatives in South Carolina to support automotive industry needs
- Offer programs on issues impacting the automotive industry
- Advocate for legislation beneficial to the automotive industry
- Enhance access to scholarships, internships and apprenticeships for students in automotive related fields (Science,Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Work in partnership with related organizations and manufacturers throughout the Southeast to attract and grow industry, as well enhance access to new business opportunities for South Carolina manufacturers
For more information about the South Carolina Automotive Council, please visit their website www.scautomotivecouncil.com.